Experienced Patent Law Firm Represents Inventors and Businesses
Committed Patent Counsel: Safeguarding Applications and Protections
An inventor has the right to reap the rewards resulting from a new idea. If you have created an invention or a valuable improvement for an existing product, obtaining a patent could provide you with vital protections related to your creation. At Olivo IP Law Group, PC, our attorneys assist inventors at all stages of patent filing and conduct extensive research to document the originality of your work. Additionally, our attorneys can help you navigate the patent filing process, including handling all necessary paperwork and documentation.
Comprehensive Patent Consulting: Types and Value Optimization
A patent is granted by the U.S. Patent Office for a specific time period that allows the filer to retain exclusive rights to their invention.
Patents are grouped into three different classifications depending upon their form. Our attorneys have the knowledge to help you with:
- Utility patents — This class of patent covers machines, chemical formulas, compounds and manufactured goods.
- Design patent — A patent can be granted for an original, ornamental design for a manufactured product.
- Plant patent — If you develop or discover and asexually reproduce a new variety of plant, you can seek a plant patent.
At Olivo IP Law Group, PC, our attorneys will help you understand which patent process makes the most sense for your invention and your business.
Research-Driven Legal Counsel: Patent Registration Expertise
To qualify for patent protection, your invention or improvement must exhibit the following characteristics.
- Novel — Your design or improvement must be original, not previously known or used by others.
- Nonobvious — Your design or invention must be different enough from an existing one that the differences are not obvious ones — that someone skilled in the relevant field would view it as an unexpected or surprising development.
- Useful — Your creation must have a function.
Our attorneys can meticulously review your invention with an eye for your eligibility based upon these three primary factors and then conduct a thorough patent search to determine whether a similar design has already been filed.
When our attorneys determine your invention demonstrates uniqueness, they will walk you through the complex process of preparing your application, including creating essential drawings and descriptions. While waiting for your patent to be issued, your invention is marked patent pending, thereby affording you substantial protections.
Reach out to an established law firm to arrange a complimentary initial consultation
Your ideas and inventions are valuable. If you want to patent your work, take time to seek guidance from experienced patent attorneys who can guide you through the process and protect your invention. Call Olivo IP Law Group, PC at 310-562-1222 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.